Home About DOPL Licensing Programs Investigations  
Landscape Architecture
DOPL Online Services

Statutes and Rules
  • DOPL Licensing Act, 58-1 (May 9, 2017)
  • General Rule of the Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing, R156-1. (Apr 11, 2017)
  • Landscape Architects Licensing Act, 58-53 (May 14, 2013)
  • Landscape Architects Licensing Act Rules, R156-53 (Nov 27, 2017)

  • DISCLAIMER: The statute/rule above is an unofficial version provided for convenience only and may not be identical to the official versions on the Utah State Legislature and the Utah Division of Administrative Rules websites.
    Applications and Forms
    License Type(s)
    • Landscape Architect


    DOPL Information

    Director: Mark Steinagel
    Bureau Manager: Steve Duncombe 801-530-6628
    Board Secretary: Tracy Taylor 801-530-6454

    Board Information
    Name Appointed Expires
    VACANT/term expired   
    (Public Member)
    Gregory V. Jolley Jul 1, 2010Jun 30, 2018
    Troy R. Herold Jul 1, 2011Jun 30, 2019
    Jamie K. Tsandes Jul 1, 2012Jun 30, 2020
    Mark Vlasic Jul 1, 2013Jun 30, 2021
    Meeting Minutes
    IN PDF FORMAT PDF Document

    View Agenda and Minutes approved after May 14, 2013

    Related Websites

    Related Information
    Landscape Architecture FAQ's
    Do you have a sample seal for me to know what the seal should look like and the size?
    You are required to have a stamp made, and it can be made by any manufacturer of your own choosing. The seal designs for landscape architects is found in R156-53-601 respectively.
    What are the requirements for use of the seal?
    Please refer to 58-53-602 of the Utah code for specific details on stamp usage.
    If I don't have the NCARB Council Record can I still obtain a Utah license?
    Yes. Please review the current laws and rules along with the application to determine the requirements for licensure.


    Utah Department of Commerce | Contact Us | Public Meetings | Site Map
    doplweb@utah.gov • 160 East 300 South • Salt Lake City, Utah 84111 • Phone: (801) 530-6628 • Toll-Free in Utah: (866) 275-3675 • Fax: (801) 530-6511