Renewal System Frequently Asked Questions |
Renewal System Frequently Asked Questions
PROBLEMS LOGGING INTO THE RENEWAL SYSTEM
If you are getting an error which states, "Please check your login details and try again," ensure you are doing the following:
Your license number can be located on your renewal form or from your blue license certificate. It is a six or seven-digit number followed by a hyphen and a four-digit extension: 123456-1234 or 1234567-1234.
When entering your license number:
- Be sure to enter the two parts of your license number in the
- DO NOT enter any spaces.
- If your license number begins with a "0" (zero), DO NOT enter the beginning "0." For example, if your license number reads "0123456-1234," only enter "123456-1234."
- If you have an old license number that is preceded by an extra two digits, DO NOT include the beginning two digits. For example, if your license number reads "97-123456-1234," only enter "123456-1234" and ignore the "97."
- If you have a secondary license (i.e. controlled substance license), it will be renewed at the same time as your primary license. Simply use your primary license number when logging in and both licenses will be processed together.
- If you hold more than one primary license, you must complete the online renewal process separately for each license.
Renewal ID Number
Your Renewal ID Number is located on your renewal form. If you did not receive a renewal form or if you have a generic renewal form, you need to contact DOPL directly to obtain your Renewal ID Number. Call (801) 530-6628 or (866) 275-3675 (toll-free in Utah).
A Renewal ID Number will never start with a zero. If the number that you have been given does start with zero, simply drop the zero when entering the Renewal ID Number into the system.
Social Security Number
If you are renewing a professional license for an individual, you are required to enter the last four numbers of your Social Security Number. Do not enter any hyphens or spaces - just the last four digits.
If your license is for a business, company, or firm, leave the SSN field blank.
PROBLEMS UPDATING YOUR LICENSE INFORMATION
In attempting to update your license information, please realize that you can only update your address and telephone number online. Additionally, in submitting any change, you must submit all required fields - as indicated by a red asterisk ( * ).
If your legal name has changed, you must verify the change by submitting a copy of a marriage certificate, divorce decree, court order, or social security card. Mail this documentation directly to DOPL.
When asked to update your license information, you can only update your address and phone number online. A legal name change, education correction, or any other change to your license must be requested in person or by mail. If you have any questions please call us at (801) 530-6628 or (866) 275-3675 (toll-free in Utah).
If you notice online discrepancies to your education, examination, or other information, please direct your inquiry of such in writing to email@example.com.
PROBLEMS IN BEING SENT BACK TO THE LOGIN PAGE
If you are being sent back to the front page of the renewal system (login page) but have not received any kind of error message, your web browser may not be set up to accept cookies, which is required to use this online application. Do the following to check if your browser will accept cookies:
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Go to Tools >Options... on your browser menu.
2. In the pop-up window, click on the "Privacy." tab
3. Select "Allow sites to set Cookie."
4. Select the "until they expire" drop down after Keep Cookies
For Netscape Navigator:
1. Go to Edit >Preferences on your browser menu.
2. In the pop-up window, click on "Advanced."
3. Unclick "Warn me before accepting a cookie."
For Newer versions of Internet Explorer:
1. Go to Tools >Internet Options... on your browser menu.
2. In the pop-up window, click on the "Privacy" tab.
3. Select "Medium" privacy setting
PROBLEMS ENTERING YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
Enter your credit card number as one complete string - WITHOUT any spaces or dashes. If your credit card is declined or rejected, you must check with your bank or financial institution to address the matter, after which you will be able to re-enter the online renewal system and complete the online process.
Additionally, if the system "crashes," or sends you back to the confirm your information page, or shuts down and logs you out of the renewal system while waiting for your credit card to process, it is likely due to the fact that the system has "timed out" for security reasons. This means that authorization to charge your credit card was not received from your financial institution within a preset amount of time resulting in the system closing. If this occurs, you simply need to re-enter the online renewal system, login, and complete the process again. Be assured that your credit card will not be charged twice.
UNABLE TO RENEW ONLINE
If you receive a message stating that you must contact DOPL to renew your license, please understand that this does not necessarily mean that you will not be granted a renewed license; however, additional documentation may be needed to make a determination on your renewal.