Certified Nurse Midwifery

Apply for a Certified Nurse Midwife License

Military Resources: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.

If you are currently licensed as a Certified Nurse Midwife in a state, territory, or district of the United States you may qualify for licensure by endorsement. Click here for additional information.

NOTE: If you are licensed in another state and not currently licensed in the state of Utah as a Registered Nurse, you must submit official verification of an active RN and/or CNM license from one or more jurisdictions in which you are currently licensed.

The following requirements must be met:

  • Request official transcripts from your school, documenting completion of a Nurse Midwife program. Transcripts can be sent via secure email from your school registrar's office to b7@utah.gov or mailed to:
    Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
    PO Box 146741
    Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6741
  • Have a copy of your certificate from American College of Nurse Midwives Certification Council.
  • Fingerprint Requirement: Visit our Fingerprint Information Page for details.
Apply Online