Renew a License
- Licenses expire on November 30 of odd years.
- At least 60 days prior to the expiration date of a license, DOPL will email a renewal notice to the licensee's address of record as provided to DOPL by the individual licensee. (Failure to notify DOPL of an address change could prevent a licensee from timely receiving renewal notification and other important correspondence from DOPL.)
- Renewal Fees — $119
The following requirements must be met:
- Completed 6 hours of Continuing Education. You must complete BEFORE you are able to renew. To find courses to complete your 6 hours of CE, or to check CE courses already completed , click here: https://secure.utah.gov/ce-public/
- UNEXPIRED General Liability Insurance Certificate. You must have an UNEXPIRED general liability insurance certificate with minimum required coverage of $100,000 for each incident and $300,000 in total and where DOPL is listed as certificate holder.
- UNEXPIRED certificate of workers compensation insurance. If you have employees, you must have an UNEXPIRED certificate of workers compensation insurance with DOPL as certificate holder.
If you are applying for reinstatement or re-applying for a license you once had, you must use the manual application below.