Exam Fee Changes Coming Soon! (Posted April 29, 2022)
Effective May 16, 2022, the Utah Elevator Mechanic exam fee will be increasing by $10. For questions or comments regarding this change, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for the Utah Elevator Mechanic License, who hold a current certification from a registered apprenticeship program for elevator mechanics (NAEC, CET, NEIEP, or CEEP), are not required to take an exam before applying. Applicants without a certificate from a registered apprenticeship program may apply by experience. Candidates applying by experience must meet the following requirements:
- Document at least 6,000 hours of supervised training by a licensed elevator contractor or an employer meeting similar qualification in jurisdictions where licensure is not required. (Note: Any training hours from more than ten years prior to the application date will not be accepted. Training must be obtained while working as an employee.)
– AND –
- Pass the Utah Elevator Mechanic Examination with a score of 75% or higher. For more information on this exam, please see the Examination Handbook .
To Schedule an Exam:
- Create an account at https://provexam.com/scheduler/ . You have the option to take this exam at most college and university testing centers in Utah and throughout the US.
- Out-of-State Testing: Contact Prov directly to make testing arrangements. The phone number is 877-228-3926.
- At-Home Testing: You also have the option of using an on-line proctoring test platform known as Examroom. To verify your computer equipment will run Examroom, please use this system check tool prior to registering for your exam: On-Line Proctoring System Check .
If you have any additional QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, or COMPLAINTS that you are not able to address with the Exam Administrator mentioned above, you may contact email@example.com.