The following funeral service licensing classifications have an exam requirement: Funeral Service Director Intern, Funeral Service Director and Pre-Need Arrangement Sales Agent. The requirements are as follows:
Pre-Need Arrangement Sales Agent
- Utah Pre-Need Funeral Arrangement Sales Agent Law and Rule Examination. Additional information is available below in the section, "How To Schedule the Law and Rule Exam".
Funeral Service Director
- The National Board Examination (NBE) . Administered by the International Conference of Funeral Service Examining Boards (ICFSEB). After passing this exam, submit an original letter or certification from the ICFSEB documenting your passing score with your license application.
– AND –
- Utah Funeral Services Law and Rule Examination. (Note: Not required if previously taken as an Intern.) Additional information is available below in the section, "How To Schedule the Law and Rule Exam".
Funeral Service Director Intern
- Utah Funeral Services Law and Rule Examination. Additional information is available below in the section, "How To Schedule the Law and Rule Exam".
To Schedule the Law and Rule Exam:
- Visit https://provexam.com/scheduler . Once there you will select "Self Registration".
- Out-of-State Testing: Contact Prov directly to make testing arrangements. The phone number is 877-228-3926.
- At-Home Testing: This exam is available at most college and university test centers. You also have the option of using an on-line proctoring test platform known as Examroom. To verify your computer equipment will run Examroom, please use this system check tool prior to registering for your exam: On-Line Proctoring System Check .
- For more information about this exam please review this Examination Handbook .
- Electronic submission of exam results will be sent directly to DOPL from prov.
If you have any additional QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, or COMPLAINTS that you are not able to address with the Exam Administrator mentioned above, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.