Apply for a Genetic Counselor License
The following requirements must be met:
- Official transcript documenting a Master’s or Doctoral degree in genetic counseling from an approved program. Note: Transcripts are considered “official” when they are sent directly from the school to DOPL or sealed in an envelope bearing the school’s stamp/seal on the envelope flap.
- Documentation of one of the following certifications:
- Genetic Counselor by the American Board of Genetic Counseling
- Genetic Counselor by the American Board of Medical Genetics
- Medical Geneticist by the American Board of Medical Genetics