Apply for a Veterinarian License
Attention: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.
If you are currently licensed as a Veterinarian in a state, territory, or district of the United States you may qualify for licensure by endorsement. Click here for additional information.
The following requirements must be met:
- Official transcripts documenting completion of a veterinary college accredited by the Council on Education of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
– OR –
A Copy of your Certificate of Competency issued by the AVMA Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates.
- Verification of Passing the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam
– OR –
Verification of your passing score on the Clinical Competency Test and National Board Examination of the NBEC of the AVMA
- One of the following experience requirements:
- Verification of Utah Intern Hours (page 4 of this application.)
- Documentation of equivalent veterinary investigational, educational, or sanitary control work.
- Documentation of at least 6 months veterinary practice as a licensed veterinarian outside of Utah or as an employee of the United States Government, its agencies, or the state or its political subdivisions