Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Exam Information
- Renew a License
- Laws and Rules
- Board Information
- Related Information
- Criminal History
- Internationally-Trained Applicant Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
No. You will need to reapply for your Associate CMHC and meet with the Board regarding an extension.
You will need to contact the other State regarding their laws and rules.
No, you must apply for a license to practice in the State of Utah.
Please apply for licensure by Endorsement. You may do so online or by a manual application . The instructions are on the last page of the application.
Contact the Division via mail or email with the requested change. Please include your name, license number, the last four digits of your Social Security number with the requested change.
They must be fully licensed and in good standing for not less than 2 years.
For Supervisors of AMFT’s: One of the following you have completed in accordance with Utah Admin Code R156-60b-302d(3).
- Currently approved by AAMFT as an MFT supervisor.
- Successfully completed a supervision course in a COAMFTE accredited MFT program at an accredited university.
- Successfully completed 20 clock hours of instruction sponsored by AAMFT or the Utah Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.