Professional Engineering / Professional Land Surveying
Apply for a Professional Structural Engineer License (Out-of-State Applicants Not Applying by Endorsement)
The following requirements must be met:
Education (one of the following)
- Bachelor degree or higher from an EAC/ABET or CEAB accredited engineering program;
- Foreign degree in an engineering program deemed equivalent by an NCEES Credentials Evaluation;
- Post-graduate degree from an engineering program when obtained from an institution which offers the same specific EAC/ABET or CEAB accredited bachelors or masters engineering program.
Experience and Examination
- Complete the experience requirements as outlined in R156-22-302f and 58-22-302(2)(d).
- Pass the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering Examination (FE) and one of the following:
- the NCEES SE Examination
- the NCEES Structural I and Structural II Examinations
- an equivalent 16-hour state written examination
- the NCEES Structural II exam and an equivalent 8-hour state written examination.