Professional Engineering / Professional Land Surveying

Exam Information

NOTE: Preapproval for testing is not required. Please do not submit an application for licensure until you have successfully passed all required exams and meet all other licensing requirements.

General Information

There are three license classifications available for Engineering and Land Surveying in Utah: Professional Engineer, Professional Structural Engineer, and Professional Land Surveyor. Applicants applying with a current NCEES Council Record are not required to submit exam information as it is contained in the council record. Applicants without a current NCEES Council Record, who passed the FE and PE exams for states other than Utah, must request an official verification of their scores be sent directly to DOPL.

The examination requirements for each license classification are listed in following tabs.