Internationally-Trained Applicant Information
SB 43 (2022) helps remove barriers to professional licensing for qualified professionals with international training/education in professions regulated by the Utah Department of Commerce’s Division of Professional Licensing (DOPL), including professions in cosmetology, construction, healthcare, and many others. See this link for a full list of professional licenses issued by DOPL.
SB 35 (2023) helps remove barriers to professional licensing for qualified professionals with international training/education in professions regulated by the following agencies:
- The Department of Agriculture and Food,
- The Pete Suazo Utah Athletic Commission within the Department of Cultural and Community Engagement,
- The Department of Commerce's Division of Professional Licensing,
- The Department of Environmental Quality,
- The Department of Health and Human Services,
- The Utah State Office of Rehabilitation within the Department of Workforce Services,
- The Labor Commission,
- The State Board of Education
- The Department of Transportation.
Utah’s pioneering legislation made exciting changes to our laws and regulations, and staff across Utah have been working hard and will continue to work in the coming weeks, months, and years to develop the exact, step by step pathway for each profession. Prospective applicants to these professions should be advised that processing times to determine if applicants meet the criteria may take longer than Utah’s typical wait times.