Physician and Surgeon

Apply for a Anesthesiologist Assistant License (Out-of-State Applicants Applying by Endorsement)

Attention: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.

If you are currently licensed in good standing as an anesthesiologist assistant in a state, territory, or district of the United States deemed equivalent to a Utah license and have at least one year of licensed experience, you may apply for Licensure by Endorsement. 

The following requirements must be met:

  • Submit official verification, showing active licensure in good standing for at least one year, from a jurisdiction designated by the Division as equivalent to Utah. Please see our website for additional information regarding approved states.
  • Requested and received your report from the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB)

If your state is not deemed equivalent for purposes of endorsement, you may be able to use experience gained outside of the state to document the requirements for Initial Licensure above.

Your practice in the state of Utah will include administering controlled substances, therefore you must apply for a Utah Controlled Substance License by submitting the following:

  • $100.00 non-refundable application processing fee, made payable to “DOPL”.
  • Complete the “Utah Controlled Substance Affidavit” found in this application.

In addition to the Utah Controlled Substance License, you must hold a valid Federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration.

Apply Online