Physician and Surgeon
Apply for a Anesthesiologist Assistant License (Utah Applicants)
Attention: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.
Transcripts are considered “official” when they are sent directly from the school to DOPL or sealed in an envelope bearing the school’s stamp/seal on the envelope flap.
The following requirements must be met:
- Submit official transcripts documenting a degree from an anesthesiologist assistant school accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education for the Anesthesiologist Assistant
- Request official documentation from NCCAA of a passing score on the Certifying Examination for Anesthesiologist Assistants administered or the Continued Demonstration of Qualifications exam (CDQ) be sent directly to DOPL. Please contact NCCAA via their website, nccaatest.org
- Requested and received your report from the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB)
Your practice in the state of Utah will include administering controlled substances, therefore you must apply for a Utah Controlled Substance License by submitting the following:
- $100.00 non-refundable application processing fee, made payable to “DOPL”.
- Complete the “Utah Controlled Substance Affidavit” found in this application.
In addition to the Utah Controlled Substance License, you must hold a valid Federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration.