Attention: Most testing centers have been shut down to help slow the spread of COVID 19. To receive updated information on how this will affect your exams, please visit the Exam Updates tab at the following link: COVID-19 Agency Notices
Applicants for the Respiratory Care Practitioner are required to be certified as a CRT or RRT by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC). The exam requirements for the Respiratory Care Practitioner license are as follows:
Respiratory Care Practitioner
- National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) Certification Examination for Entry Level Respiratory Therapists (CRT);
– or –
- NBRC Registry Examination for Advanced Respiratory Therapists (RRT)
To register for these exams:
- If you are a recent graduate from an accredited educational program, an email was sent to you when your school submitted your graduation information electronically. Use the link and temporary password in your email to establish an account on the NBRC site. NBRC Exam Registration
NOTE: If you did not receive an email with this information, please contact your school to verify your graduation record was sent to NBRC.
- Once you have completed the registration process, you will receive an email confirmation that will direct you to the NBRC exam vendor, PSI, to schedule your exam.
- Please review the following NBRC exam information material: Examination Information and Handbook
If you have any additional QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, or COMPLAINTS that you are not able to address with the Exam Administrator mentioned above, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.