Apply for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker License (Out-of-State Applicants Not Applying by Endorsement)
Attention: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.
If you have been licensed for at least one year as a licensed clinical social worker in a state, territory, or district of the United States deemed equivalent to Utah and are in good standing, you may qualify for licensure by endorsement. Click here for jurisdictions and information on how to apply.
The following requirements must be met:
- Passed the ASWB Clinical Exam (Submit Official Verification)
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Completed 3,000 hours of experience under an LCSW ONLY while licensed as a CSW (or equivalent).
- Hours not completed under an LCSW are NOT considered for UT licensure
- Each supervisor must complete a form
- Official verification of license from one or more states in which you are currently licensed. This is NOT a copy of your license. Primary Source verification verifying name, license title, license issue date, license expiration date and if license is in GOOD standing.
- Official verification of license from your supervisor for the state that experience hours were completed in. This is NOT a copy of their license. Primary Source verification verifying name, license title, license issue date, license expiration date and if license is in GOOD standing.