Marriage and Family Therapy
- Exam Information
- Renew a License
- Apply for a License
- Additional Forms
- Verify a License
- Change your Name/Address
- Laws and Rules
- Board Information
- Related Information
- Criminal History
- Internationally-Trained Applicant Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You will be made eligible for the AMFTRB exam after you are granted your Associate MFT(AMFT) license. In order to be granted your AMFT license, you must have your degree conferred on your transcripts prior to applying for licensure.
No. You will need to reapply for your Associate MFT and meet with the Board regarding an extension.
You will need to contact the other State regarding their laws and rules.
No, you must apply for a license to practice in the State of Utah.
Submit your written request with a $20 check or money order payable to DOPL. You may also get an online verification by going to the "License Lookup and Verification system at: https://secure.utah.gov/llv/search/index.html
Contact the Division via mail or email with the requested change. Please include your name, license number, the last four digits of your Social Security number with the requested change.
They must be fully licensed and in good standing for not less than 2 years.
For Supervisors of AMFT’s: One of the following you have completed in accordance with Utah Admin Code R156-60b-302d(3).
- Currently approved by AAMFT as an MFT supervisor.
- Successfully completed a supervision course in a COAMFTE accredited MFT program at an accredited university.
- Successfully completed 20 clock hours of instruction sponsored by AAMFT or the Utah Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.