Marriage and Family Therapy
Renew an Marriage and Family Therapist License
- Licenses expire on September 30 of even years.
- At least 60 days prior to the expiration date of a license, DOPL will mail a renewal notice to the licensee's address of record as provided to DOPL by the individual licensee. (Failure to notify DOPL of an address change could prevent a licensee from timely receiving renewal notification and other important correspondence from DOPL.)
- Renewal Fees — $93
The following requirements must be met:
- Must have completed at least 40 hours of continuing education:
- 15 hours must be directly related to marriage and family therapy
- 6 hours shall be in ethics/law of which 3 specific to marriage and family ethics/law.
- 2 hours in suicide prevention
If you are applying for reinstatement or re-applying for a license you once had, you must use the manual application below.