Exam Fee Changes Coming Soon! (Posted April 29, 2022)
Effective May 16, 2022, the Utah Psychologist Law and Ethics exam fee will be increasing by $10. For questions or comments regarding this change, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are four license clssifications available in the field of psychology in Utah: Psychologist, Certified Psychology Resident, Behavior Analyst, and Assistant Behavior Analyst. The examination requirements for each license type are listed below.
Certified Psychology Resident
- Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP): This exam is developed by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB). If you are experiencing technical issues with the EPPP Registration Portal, please contact Certemy directly at email@example.com. For frequently asked questions, please review the following information: EPPP Registration Portal Transition . This exam will require you to submit a Request for Authorization to Test application. Please see below:
- Utah Psychologist Law and Ethics Exam: This exam is administered by the Division’s exam vendor, Prov.
To register for the Psychologist Law and Ethics Exam:
- Create an account at https://provexam.com/scheduler/ . This exam is available at most college and university testing centers throughout Utah and the US.
- At-Home Testing: You may have the option of using an on-line proctoring test platform. To verify your computer equipment will run this testing platform, please use this system check tool with the computer you plan to test from, prior to registering for your exam: On-Line Proctoring System Check
- For more details about this exam, please review the following link: Examination Information Bulletin .
- If you wish to test outside the state of Utah, please contact Prov directly at 877-228-3926 to make these arrangements.
- Out-of-State Applicants: Psychology applicants who received their education and practical training outside of Utah must also pass the Utah Psychologist law and Ethics Exam.
- Exam vendor will electronically send the results of your exam directly to DOPL.
- NOTE: While scheduling this exam on the Prov site, candidates will be asked to attest to meeting the eligibility requirements for examination as outlined in Utah Licensing Act 58-61-304. This statement will act as the “Division Approval” as required in Licensing Act Rule R156-61-302c (2).
Applicants for this license are NOT required to pass any exams before applying.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Examination: This exam is developed by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB).
Assistant Behavior Analyst
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination (BCBA): This exam is developed by BACB.
If you have any additional QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, or COMPLAINTS that you are not able to address with the Exam Administrator mentioned above, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.