Security Companies and Guards
Renew an Armed Private Security Officer License
- License expires on November 30 of even years.
- At least 60 days prior to the expiration date of a license, DOPL will Email a renewal notice to the licensee's Email address of record as provided to DOPL by the individual licensee.
- Renewal Fees — Armed/Unarmed/Armored Car Officer $42 | Company $203
Failure to notify DOPL of an Email address change could prevent a licensee from timely receiving renewal notification and other important correspondence from DOPL.
The following requirements must be met:
- Complete 32 hours of continuing education
- Complete a minimum of 4 hours of firearms training every six months, for a total of 16 hours
If you are applying for reinstatement or re-applying for a license you once had, you must use the manual application below.