Renew an APRN/CRNA with Controlled Substance License
- APRN and CRNA licenses expire on January 31 of even years.
- At least 60 days prior to the expiration date of a license, DOPL mails a renewal notice to the licensee's address of record. (Failure to update your mailing address could prevent you from receiving the renewal notice and other important correspondence from DOPL. Log into eGov to update your mailing address.)
- If your license has been expired less than 2 years, you can still renew online or with the manual renewal form. You will be charged a reinstatement fee in addition to the renewal fee.
- Reinstatement fee for 30 days or less: $20
- Reinstatement fee for between 31 days and 2 years: $50.
Licenses expired for more than 2 years are not eligible for renewal. You must submit a new application, pay the required fee, and demonstrate that you meet the current requirements for your license.
Before proceeding with renewal, the following requirements must be met:
- I hold a current NBCRNA certification.
- Completed at least ONE of the following online suicide prevention trainings (these qualify for CE credit):