Controlled Substance Database
The Division of Professional Licensing offers Academic Detailing which is an interactive, personalized educational opportunity to support Utah healthcare providers critical work on opioid prescribing and overdose prevention. This is done through short (15-30 minutes), one-on-one customized sessions. The sessions can include:
- Unbiased, noncommercial, evidence-based information about medications and other therapeutic decisions.
- Technical assistance on Controlled Substance Database utilization before prescribing Schedule II or III opioids.
- Information regarding the Utah Controlled Substance Database laws, rules and regulations.
- Assistance with Designee/Proxy applications.
- Assistance with UtahID and CSD account creations and issues.
Academic Detailing for Opioid Prescribers Toolkit
The following Prescriber Toolkit is a guide to help Utah Opioid Prescribers utilize prescribing guidelines and community resources. It includes local, state, and federal information.
Academic Detailing for Opioid Prescribers Tool Kit
In the Media
One of our former Academic Detailers, Parveen Ghani, was interviewed by The National Resource Center for Academic Detailing for their blog, The Details Blog. Her interview, Supporting Clinicians in Utah: Working Together to Utilize Safe Opioid Prescribing Guidelines, can be found here .